Objective: This community was founded with the sole purpose of creating and maintaining the Watcher's Diaries – a detailed, chronological account of the lives (and deaths) of the Vampire Slayers, and of their greatest enemies; the Vampires. Recently, we have modified our inquiry to include accounts of the lesser demons and the brave individuals who make up our Council. In order to make the chronicles as accurate a collection as possible, the Council has requested that we set about gathering data to fill in the current gaps within the information we currently possess. To that end, we request your input for the following sections:
- Tales of the Slayer - Tales of the Vampires - Tales of the Council - Demon Tales - Witch Tales
More detailed information on the council's research can be found below, along with the General Community Rules, links to the Vagary Codex (Idea Factory), The Reference Section (Outside links), and mod contact information.
Into every generation a slayer is born; one girl in all the world…. What if you were that girl? What if you were the one? What would your story be?
We want to know the tale of you, the Slayer, as seen through the eyes of someone who was there – whether it be your watcher, a third person witness, or even you, the Slayer herself. However, in order to help us compile the information, there are a few guidelines that would make the process proceed apace.
Rules: 1) We already have sufficient information on several well-known slayers including Nikki Wood, Kendra, Buffy Summers, Faith, and the famous Chinese Slayer from the turn of the century. Consequently, we only wish to collect information concerning slayers who are unique in character, look, location, time period, etc.
2) You must have a watcher. All slayers did (despite a few recent exceptions to that rule) and, therefore, cannot be excluded.
3) If you are a slayer set in the future you do not have to explain what happened to all the potentials/slayers that came before you.
4) The notorious vampires of the line of Aurelius (known as Darla, Drusilla, Angelus/Angel, Spike) and any and all persons associated with the current slayer, Buffy Summers, cannot appear in your story. However, if you encounter any of the older demons (such as D’Hoffryn, the Justice Demon) please do include them in your tale as we would love to collect information on their histories as well.
5) Please do not rewrite history. With the exception of Miss Summers, slayers don’t live very long and rarely come back from the dead. Slayers are not invincible, and indeed it is the weaknesses and humanity that sometimes makes individuals interesting.
Into every generation a slayer is born; one girl in all the world. Only she has the strength and speed to stand against the vampires. And only they can destroy her.
All of the undead have a story; from the grandest Master to the lowliest minion. So what is yours? Tell us your story, tell us your sins. We await every deliciously evil detail – for the sole purpose of preserving it, of course.
Rules: 1) We already have sufficient information on several well-known Vampires including Angelus/Angel, Spike, Darla, and Drusilla. Consequently, we only wish to collect information concerning vampires who are unique in character, look, location, time period, etc. You can fight one of the known slayers, though you cannot cause their death, become their lover, or have them lead you to a soul. If at all possible, try not to include the very well known slayers and characters.
2) The notorious vampires of the line of Aurelius (known as Darla, Drusilla, Angelus/Angel, Spike) and any and all persons associated with the current slayer, Buffy Summers, cannot appear in your story except in minor supporting roles. However, if you encounter any of the older demons (such as D’Hoffryn, the Justice Demon) please do include them in your tale as we would love to collect information on their histories as well.
3) Please do not rewrite history. Like Slayers, Vampires are not invincible, and indeed it is the weaknesses that sometimes makes individuals interesting
In the beginning there were the demons, and their lives were a dark perversion of their already twisted minds. As time past, the reign of demons gave way to half-breeds tainted by humanity. For some it made them weak, and for others it kept them strong. These are their stories.
Rules: 1) We already have sufficient information on all demon activity in relation to the well known Slayers and BTVS/ATS characters. We are actively seeking all other Demon activity from both known and unknown demons. Though our demonology department is extensive, it would be pretentious of us to assume we have catalogued every existing demon and their histories.
2)Please do not rewrite history. Like Slayers, Demons are not invincible, and indeed it is the weaknesses that sometimes makes individuals interesting.
Those that devote their life to the world of Magic have existed for thousands of years. While being revered in some ages they were feared and persecuted in others. In almost every culture, in almost every form; both good and bad, witches have lived, died, healed, guided, created and destroyed. Though some witches lead lives of peace and solitude, others help shape the greatest of destinies. What kind of witch are you?
Rules: 1) We already have obtained sufficient information on the witches involved in the life of the well known slayers, specifically the slayer Buffy Summers (Willow Rosenberg, Tara Maclay, Amy Madison, Ethan Rayne) We are seeking new information concerning other unique witches, even those that belong to our own coven.
2) Please do not re-write history. No witch has successfully destroyed the world as of yet, or as far as our seerers can see into the near future, although coming close has happened more often than we care to divulge at this time.
3) You do not need to have extensive knowledge of the art of magic to report on a witch. We are well aware that the Jossverse Codex that most Council members have studied from is wildly inaccurate. You also do not need to know the differences between Witch Craft and Wicca, just please remember that Wiccanism was only created just over 100 years ago and the term should be carefully used.
4) A male witch is simply a male witch. Warlock means "oath breaker", and is a fairly nasty term to be throwing around. We here at the council are to remain objective whenever possible, therefore, there is no need to be insulting in our reports.
The Watcher’s Council has trained and observed the chosen one for centuries, but in the end, only one member at a time can be the slayer’s Watcher. Who are the other men and women working for the council? The Watchers whose potential Slayer is never called, the Watcher cataloguing in the library, the Watcher collecting research on demonology, or the Watcher in training. What do they know about the council and what hidden secrets do their lives hold?
Rules: 1) Since we do catalogue all of the diaries of the Watcher’s to the Chosen One, we do not require redundant material. Instead we would like to have fuller accounts of our “other” Watcher’s. We have many in the Council, and not all of them have seen a ripe old age.
2) Please do not rewrite history. Watchers are but men, and though they may be emersed in the world of magicks, they are by no means a master of it. They use the resources that are available to them -mainly books- and only resort to magic or violence when it is absolutely necessary. Like a proper English lady or gentleman should.
1) Try to keep your story as historically accurate as possible.
2) ALL stories must be beta-ed – compiling the Watchers Diaries is such a huge undertaking that the researchers and analysts that have been hired by the Council will not have much time to check the pieces after submission so we would appreciate the effort being made beforehand.
3) Please use headers responsibly – it helps in the cataloguing of all of the histories. The standard Council formula is as follows: Title Author Rating Summary Disclaimer
4) Please place your submissions behind cut tags. Cut Tag FAQ . It just makes it easier in terms of space conservation on the Council computers.
5) While the Council is aware of their far-from-stellar reputation as far as discipline is concerned, we do not tolerate rudeness or flaming of other members of the community. There will not be a warning, just a ban. If you take issue with something posted in this community, please contact one of the moderators.
Reference Section : For all links to stories that fit into the Watcher's Diaries criteria but were not submitted to the community directly.
Vagary Codex : The idea factory for all story concepts or challenges that you as an author can not complete yourself.